Friday, June 4, 2010

Universal Studios Singapore - Part I


 

Finally, the post we have all been waiting for!

Okay, probably just me!

Anyway...Universal Studios! Yippe!

Had to split the post into three parts since I took an alarmingly number of 128 images

So it was a terribly insanely hot day and we needed to find the gathering place to collect our tickets and breakfast first!

But, this being the first time we were there, we were practically going 'round in circles trying to find the gathering spot, which was Hard Rock Cafe!

Okay, so at long last, we eventually found the place!
Oh yeah, so Mom mingled around with her colleagues and introduced us as her two lovely daughters! Okay, I made the latter up! Anyway, most of her colleagues were really nice though they remarked that I don't really resemble my Mom and looked very "ang-moh" (or rather Caucasian/Eurasian)

So anyway after we ate our breakfast which was provided (Nasi Lemak, by the way), we proceeded down to USS!

First up, some photos we took at home to show our excitement! Oh yeah, Mom and sis were busy browsing my sunglasses collection, which Mom said was massive and rebuked me from buying more!

 Mom trying on my red sunnies; 
I was trying to snap a photo to let her see how it looks

 Sis trying on the "tai-tai" look with my black sunnies

Me with my haversack, my pigtails  and my xoxo shirt <3
Sis said I looked like a overweight primary school kid going on excursion

And...photos from RWS! 

Sis outside RWS' Toast Box! Check out the queue manx cause it's the cheapest thing around!

Mom & Sis@Universal Studios <3

 Mom & Me@Universal Singapore;
Sis took this when the globe was only half-turned 
(because of some Commonwealth tour group blocking the way)
Oh and check out my pink-black wayfarers please <3

 Another failure shot; 
Best shot taken was the photo before the jump!
Oh and pardon my 'lian' fringe please! 

We all went in after taking these globes photos! 

Oh anyway, could sense some envious looks from those people queuing up for other day's USS tickets since today's USS tickets were all sold out! That's usually the case so if you want to go into USS, you have to pre-order or purchase the tickets some days in advance!

Tapped our entrance ticket and entered into USS! Oh yeah, after I tapped, some USS or RWS staff ushered me aside and asked me (strange that she only asked me out of all people but I always get the strangest thing so never mind) whether it's my first time here and asked me which country I'm from! I'm like, "Erm...Singapore?!" and with that, she let me go cause I think she was looking out for tourists and not locals for her survey! Lol! 

Inside USS! Like...at long last!

Oohs..the Beverly Hills Garage from Hollywood?!

Ta-da! Me, Mom and Shrek! 
Hey hey Fiona, don't be jealous!

Sis with popcorn van

 Kungfu Panda

 Hollywood Chinese Bistro

Sis with her directions guide/map

Giant Madagascar ship in the middle of nowhere

 The weekend crowd at USS

The "drive-in" diner; 
It's not really a drive-in restaurant but instead it features old vintage cars as its theme

Me and my sis with the Madagascar ship (taken by my mom)
As you can see, my mom loves taking "zoom-out" shots! Lol! 

Sis the novice driver with her speed limit sign

Mom was really intrigued by the police car; probably her occupational hazard?!

 Mom with front view of the car; love her gangster pose <3

My sis and I with the police car; 
As usual, taken by my mom! 
Think her theory is that I won't look so fat from afar hence the long-distance shot!

In case you guys can't see what the sign says,
it reads: "Welcome to Hollywood. Population: Glamorous"
WTF, just reading this makes me feel glamorous already! 

Oohs and as we walked down the streets of Hollywood, came across a shop selling gorgeous hats! Couldn't resist wearing them on and snapping a few pics!

Ta-da! An overly-excited me with the sheriff's hat! 
Oh and you can spot Little Rainy behind me if you squint real closely!

Sis with some black spidery hat

Call me Princess Kimmie please! or Ogre Princess Kimmie would do too...I guess!

 Princess YY <3

Mumsy picked this gold-black wizardy hat to pose with!

 Oooohs...the Phantom of the Operaaa

 Rough overview of the Hollywood street;
Totally make you feel like you're out of Singapore!

 Yupp, I'm moonlighting as a construction worker!

Sis just gotten her Fifth Avenue apartment!
Doesn't it resemble Carrie Bradshaw's old apartment??

United States Supreme Court...in Singapore!

A more close-up view of the US Supreme Court replicate

Some street dance performance at the Palace World Premiere Theatre;
My camera felt really amateur compared to all the multiple DSLRs there;
Oh and much later, they were performing to the Cadbury "brow dancing" advertisement song

 USS performer in colorful costumes and stilts;
Oh yeah and you had to queue up if you wish to take a photo with him, I'm like "Nooo way!"

Oohs and...*bated breath* The Battlestar Galactica! 
Too bad it was still closed and under repairs when we visited! 
Would love to go on a ride on this one!

Posing with my New York cab <3
Makes me feel like singing "Big Yellow Taxi"

 Sis smiling happily at the taxi like she never saw a yellow cab before!
 Which yeah, actually we don't ever see a cab like that in Singapore!

Finally...a non-candid shot!

Walked further down the street and guess who we saw?! Couldn't resist and just had to take a photo with her!

 ...Betty Boop!
Don't mind my mouth, wanted to do a 'O'-mouth but EPIC FAIL!

Oh and we saw a man in smoke from down under! 

...well literally!

Meanwhile, my sis went to ask for directions to the various themes and rides while my mom and I wandered around the area while waiting!

Oh and a pic of me windsurfing! 
As usual, this was taken by my mom! 
It's like already her trademark style to take "far away" photos! Lol!

Beats me why I'm seating so demurely in this photo

 Mom insisted on taking with this old vintage car cause she said Dad'd love it;
Oh and a nice old couple helped us take the photos!

 A more close-up pic I forced my sis to take!

And another performance show started! Oh and they were singing songs from Hairspray! Like"New Girl in Town", "Ladies' Choice" and etc!

 Think the one in Hawaii Red outfit was supposed to impersonate Zac Efron (Link Larkin)
and the one in pink was supposed to impersonate Brittany Snow (Amber);
Love her pink dress though! 

 Yellow sailor costume + black flap wig = Nikki Blonsky (Tracy) impersonator!

Host dancing around to be up-close with the crowd

 The third and last female dancer in blue and wearing boots;
Noticed that only the girl in pink is wearing heels!

And with this, it marks the end of Part I of my USS post!

Gaga-licious! Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah!

P.S. Stay tuned for Part II of USS, when we proceed to the land of Madagascar and Far Far Away in 2 days' time! Till then folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment